Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Girl, you are as fake as your weave....Or are you?

Ok, so a Facebook conversation really inspired me to once again come out of blog coma and write about the current state women are in with our so- called "fakeness". Is it misleading when you meet a man and have weave down your back, 3 inch heels on and a wonderbra? (Luckily, your girl never had those small titty issues, I was always blessed.) Though, I can see where a man will call a woman fake, based on the outer appearance we try to hard to present. Though fellas, give us a break! It's a dog eat dog world out there and women out number the fellas.... So if I gotta prop my girls up or get them surgically enhanced, chemically straighten my hair... to look good then so be it! Look at the magazines, models and TV, natural sistas are NOT what you desire. Though I am not saying those women aren't beautiful. I once wore my natural hair for a year, men AND women alike were looking at me as if I joined a cult. So what is it? You will have your "self- righteous" brothers who want a sista in a Dashiki just to prove a point and then you have your men who will ONLY be seen with a model chick. To each their own? Or is it something deeper? Are women who get weaves, perms or booty pop panties any worse than a sista who has braids? Or is it the person INSIDE that counts? Why do we as women let society or a man tell us what is beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment